Monday 20 May 2013

Toddler Apron Pattern

Toddler Apron by tree_bridge
Toddler Apron, a photo by tree_bridge on Flickr.
I wrote a new pattern for a little apron for H. He's always busy helping (or trying to help!) with baking, gardening, and even dusting. One of his favourite things to do is to 'paint' the cake tins with oil using a pastry brush before I put the cake mixture in. Also he really, really likes raking soil. It's a busy time, being a two-year-old, so he needs a little apron to protect his clothes.

I chose double knit cotton because it's washable and durable. Also it's a nice project for summer because cotton is cool and comfortable to work with. There's a handy little pocket and choice of apple or cherries applique, but you could add your own motif. The pattern is in two sizes, 2-4 and 4-6 years but I find small children vary so much in size its best to use the measurements included rather than ages. Available in my etsy shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment